Saturday, April 2, 2011

Devotional Thought on Anxiety


  When you're tempted to feel hopeless and trapped in fear of the future remember...life is hard, and it shouldn't surprise us that a fallen world will provide disappointment, painful losses, unfulfilled expectations and sadness. The day nothing happens that makes us feel a little bit afraid, we'd better watch out! We may have quit breathing!
 
    New opportunities and challenges bring numerous, fearful situations that we must deal with! Seek help from experts in an area of concern. Or discuss your fears with your spouse or a good friend.
    An attitude of optimism will make today more enjoyable. Seek out humorous thoughts and anecdotes.
    There is an underlying fear that comes from feeling helpless. Moving out in faith may see frightening, risky, impossible, senseless, stretching, gut-wrenching and unnatral. But it's worth it!   Carol Kent

God's Word on Anxiety: "My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26.
 
A close childhood cousin and friend lost her determination to cancer. Her death was sudden and painful! It has left a large hole in my heart, and I am filled up with tears of sorrow...and an overwhelming feeling of loss.

Grief has never been so profounded for me! I am hopeful my faith will help me through these tough times...grief is hard, very hard! I don't ask the Lord why, no, because I know why there is death. Still, it doesn't make it any easier. I Know I must pray, have faith and allow time to heal. Thanks to my friends for offering me solace.  Loretta

6 comments:

  1. Hello Loretta, Thank you so much for sending a sweet email and following my blog.
    It's nice to meet you, so sorry to read about your cousin. How sad for you, I will keep you in my prayers. Your recipes look delish!!! Off to visit your other blog.
    Blessings, Shirl
    Shirls Rose Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear about the passing of your cousin/friend, Loretta. I know how hard it is to lose a loved one... The only thing I can say is that you can rest assured that she is in Heaven and looking down and watching out for you. Ask her to send you a sign that she is OK and will be there for you. I'm sure she will do it and you will feel better. Take care and I will say a prayer that time will heal your sorrow.
    Love,
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Loretta, I'm sorry for your loss, it must be hard to lose a dear one.
    I pray that you are strong to bear the loss.
    Thank you for the sweet e-mail you send and I will follow your blog and visit you often.
    Love,
    Angela.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Loretta,
    I'm so sorry for your loss. Like you said, death is apart of life. But, that "truth" doesn't make the loss less hurtful. And, grieving is a part of life, too, just as Jesus grieved for us. I will pray that you stay in the crook of His arm as you grieve and heal. Although a scar will be left, you will heal. Remember, your grieving is an intricate part of your healing process. Love and Hugs, Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're my winner, this week! You are mentioned on my blog. let me know where you would like me to send your bookmark. prayernotebycynthia@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I needed a word and it was delivered by Google from you Thanks Mrs.Loretta.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I love reading what you have to say and your feedback is very helpful. Do come back to visit us at our house, you are always welcome.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...