Saturday, February 26, 2011

Grandma's Old-Fashioned Teacakes

I just love these teacakes! My grandmother made them for us when we were young, and I made them for my children. I had them on my mind the other day, and thought I'd make a batch this morning. They are crisp, sweet and very good with coffee. I suppose I was thinking of the children when I realized I was pouring this glass of milk!


  Recipe

1-cup butter soften
2-cups sugar
3-eggs
2-Tablespoons buttermilk
5-cups flour
1-teaspoon baking soda
1-teaspoon vanilla

Method

Cream butter, gradually add sugar, beat well til smooth. Add eggs 1 at a time . Beat well after each addition. Add buttermilk, beat well.
 Combine flour and soda; stir in vanilla to creamed mixture, then gradually stir in flour mixture. Chill dough an hour or until workable. Flour surface and roll dough out to 1/4 thickness. Flour desired cookie cutter and cut out rounds.
Place 1-inch apart on lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake 400 degrees for 7 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool. Yields about 4 dozen. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. I love reading what you have to say and your feedback is very helpful. Do come back to visit us at our house, you are always welcome.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...